Thompson wins New Horizons Prize in Physics for neutral-atom quantum computing .
The Breakthrough Prize Foundation announced that Jeff Thompson is one of six recipients honored for developing “optical tweezers to realize control of individual atoms," useful in quantum computing.
Brangwynne wins the Breakthrough Prize for revolutionary view of living cells .
“Cliff Brangwynne has illuminated some of the most basic principles of life’s machinery,” said Princeton University President Christopher L. Eisgruber.
Sixteen faculty members transfer to emeritus status .
Sixteen Princeton University faculty members were transferred to emeritus status earlier this year by the Board of Trustees.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid